Registration Closes Wed. March 12!
PERC 2014 Pennsylvania Student Sustainability Symposium
The symposium provides an opportunity for students of Pennsylvania colleges and universities to present their sustainability related research, creative works, action projects and community initiatives, and to network with students across the state to promote sustainability collaborations.
Morning: Two concurrent sessions of student presentations on their work concerning sustainability.
Afternoon: A poster session showcasing student work from around the state.
Afternoon: Students engage in and facilitate roundtable conversations on the following topics:
- Fossil Fuel Divestment: How to Start, Engage, and See Victories
- Keystone XL: Meaning and Consequences for Climate Change Politics
- Promoting Sustainable Initiatives in the Face of Obstacles
- Encouraging Interdisciplinary Collaboration as part of Sustainability Practices
- Sustainability and Social Entrepreneurship: A Critical Analysis of our Community Voice
- The Challenges of Initiating Behavior Change through a Campus Energy Challenge
- Using Dialogue to Bridge Gaps: How we talk about sustainability
Student Involvement / Deadline
As of this posting, abstracts are still being accepted. If you are interested in sharing your student work at the symposium, click the link to submit an abstract and attending the symposium. Of course, students, not submitting abstracts are welcome to take part in the symposium.
- Mar 12 Event Registration closes
Open to all
In addition to students, faculty, staff, sponsors and all other interested parties are welcome to attend the symposium. As an effort to engage students from across the state in PERC activities, fees will be the same for all registrants, whether from Member, Affiliate or non-affiliated Institutions. This is a one-time only policy; students from non-Member schools are encouraged to take advantage of it and connect with other students from across the region.
Space is limited and priority for registration will be given first to students from PERC Member Schools whose abstracts have been accepted for presentation or a poster. Dickinson students should register via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic sleep-on-the-floor-of-the-gym accommodations are available on campus the night before the event for $10. A strict conduct policy will be enforced for those staying in the gym. Visit the "Where to Stay" page to discover other options.